What this Warranty covers:
- All Lynskey Performance Designs bicycle frames, stems, seatposts, and cargo racks carry a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects to the original owner.
- All Lynskey Performance Designs carbon forks carry a one year warranty against manufacturing defects to the original owner.
- We reserve the option to repair or replace your product, depending upon the identified issue and the repairs necessary.
- If you crashed your bike, or drove your car into a parking deck while your bike was on top, then it is not covered under our warranty program, but we can help you fix it. Give us the details and we can determine the best solution for repair.
- All alignment and cosmetic discrepancies will need to be addressed with in the first 60 days from receipt of frame. After the initial 60 days, any frame alignment and/or cosmetic issues will be considered as normal “wear and tear” and will not be covered by the limited lifetime warranty of the frame.
What this Warranty does not cover:
- All parts of your bike made by other manufacturers will be covered by the warranty policy of that respective company (SRAM, Shimano, Rock Shox, Mavic, etc). Please address any warranty or repair issue directly with to them.
- Frames that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the frame to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
- Frames whose serial number or other identifying marks have been altered, defaced, removed or are otherwise unreadable.
- Any postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in sending your frame for service are your responsibility. This includes return shipping.
- You are responsible for the cost of removing ALL parts and components including headset and bottom bracket bearings before your frame is shipped to Lynskey Performance and the cost of re-assembly when your frame is returned to you.
- Damage occurring during shipment (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
- Frames that are purchased used, or in not-new condition.
- Any Damage resulting from improper assembly, the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of your Lynskey product, or the failure to follow the product warnings, installation and usage instructions.
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, paint, aesthetics or appearance of the frame (cosmetic blemishes) or damage due to UV ray exposure, sweat or salt air, corrosive mud or other chemicals.
- Any costs associated with returning or shipping warranted or non-warranted frames.
- Normal wear of the part. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes parts that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
Submit a Warranty Claim
All claims for warranty service must be made using Lynskey Performance Return Authorization claim forms.
- Fill out this Return Authorization Request and submit to us.
- We will contact you to request digital photos of the damaged area(s) and the entire bike with all components still attached to it. We encourage that you send digital photos of the frame and all damage before stripping the bike down to ensure that the frame is (1) warrantable and (2) repairable.
- You will also need to email, mail or fax us a legible copy of the your original proof of purchase showing the (1) date purchased, (2) frame serial number, (3) retailer name and (4) your name and or address.
- Once the foregoing is completed, we will determine whether or not the frame is (1) warrantable and (2) repairable using only photos you send. If we cannot you will need to strip the frame down and send it into us using trackable shipping (such as FedEx or UPS). We highly recommend using www.shipbikes.com or www.bikeflights.com as these companies are bicycle shipping experts.
- Once we make a decision on the warranty we will advise you via phone or email. If not warrantable we will advise on non-warranty options. If not repairable we will advise of options in that case as well.
- If the frame is covered under warranty and you will be issued a return authorization number. DO NOT send in a frame without the RA number plainly written on the outside of the frame box, as that is the way the frame is tracked. RA numbers may also be issued in some cases where the bike must be inspected personally. Issuance of an RA number does not imply the frame is covered under warranty or repairable unless we indicate that in a written communication to you. Only Lynskey Performance may determine if a frame is warrantable. If the frame is not covered under warranty, all replacement, repair, and shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- At no time may any retailer or distributor make representations of what is covered or not covered under this warranty without express written permission from Lynskey Performance. Should a retailer or distributor replace a frame before consulting Lynskey Performance, it is at the sole discretion of the retailer or distributor and they may not be reimbursed by Lynskey Performance.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED REPLACEMENT
All Lynskey Performance branded accessories are covered by our "No Questions Asked Replacement Program". If of our accessories fail for any reason whatsoever we will replace it free of charge. This includes our Lynskey Branded seatposts, stems, cargo racks, front forks, saddles, and bartape.
Submitting a Claim
- Returning your Lynskey product is an easy process and begins with submitting our RETURN AUTHORIZATION REQUEST . After you have submitted this form we will contact you promptly with an RA number.
- Any items replaced under this program do not qualify for free freight. You will be responsible for freight charges to both return and ship your new product.